Target.com Prepaid Orders
Same-day delivery for Target.com Prepaid orders is a service provided by Shipt nationwide.
Here's a quick overview of how this service works:
- An individual places a same-day delivery order through Target.com and selects a designated delivery window for their order to be delivered
- A Shipt shopper claims the Target.com Prepaid order, goes to the specified Target store to shop for the requested items, and then delivers the order to the customer during the designated delivery window
Shopping a Target.com Prepaid Order
The shopping process for Target.com Prepaid orders is very similar to regular Shop & Deliver orders, but with a few differences that are important to know:
- Target.com Prepaid orders will have a blue Prepaid label when offered through the Shopper App
Customers are not able to place alcohol orders through Target.com in most metros* at this time. If you see alcohol specially requested on an order, or the customer requests it via text, kindly let them know you are not able to deliver that item
*Note: Alcohol is eligible for delivery in CA, FL, IL, MI, MO, NC, TN, and TX metros only.
Checking Out with a Target.com Prepaid Order
Once you are done shopping, you will be ready to check out. After shopping for the last item, a screen containing step-by-step instructions will display to provide guidance toward a successful Target Prepaid checkout process.
For Target.com Prepaid orders, you will NOT need to:
- Scan items at the register
- Upload a picture of/scan the receipt's barcode
- Enter an order total as you would with other Shop & Deliver orders
- Use your Shipt card for payment at any point
We recommend wearing a Shipt shirt to help Target team members quickly identify that you are a Shipt Shopper while bagging items without scanning or paying for them at self-checkout.
How to check out:
- Tap Check Out to begin the check out process
- The app will display a digital receipt with all the processed items (see picture below)
A Target team member will need to scan the barcode of the digital receipt
- If there is not a Target team member stationed at self-checkout, you may have your digital receipt scanned at Guest Services or by a Target team member with the Target MyDevice
- Shoppers will need to show a valid ID when completing orders that contain alcohol
After the Target team member has successfully scanned the digital receipt, you may bag the groceries at a self-checkout counter or an unused checkout lane. Then you can leave the store to deliver the order
If you receive an error message during the checkout process or need to provide assistance to a Target team member who's not familiar with the Shipt partnership, please review our troubleshooting article for guidance.
How are substitutions or additional requests handled on Target.com Prepaid orders?
Substituting items on a Target.com Prepaid order works just the same as a normal order. Communicate with the customer about the out-of-stock item, and scan the barcode of the substitution to add it.
For additional items the customer asks you to add to their order via text, as long as the item is in the catalog, it can be added to the order. Scan the barcode on the item to add it to the order. If you receive an error when processing the order, items that are not in the catalog will be flagged and you will not be able to deliver that item to the customer.
Do shoppers need to return items on Target.com Prepaid orders?
Once the items have been delivered, the customer is responsible for all returns. Customers are able to return any of their items via Target.com or using their Target.com digital receipt in the store.
If the customer is unresponsive at delivery, shoppers can call Shipt HQ at (205) 502-2500. An order should not be left at an unresponsive customer’s door unless the shopper has been advised to by the customer or Shipt HQ.
For orders containing alcohol:
In metros where Target Prepaid alcohol delivery is allowed, customers must provide a valid ID and signature at the time of delivery. If the customer is unable to produce a valid ID, shoppers may deliver any non-alcoholic items but should contact Shipt Support, return the alcohol to the store, and surrender it at Guest Services.
Should shoppers purchase item warranties for Target.com Prepaid orders?
If a warranty is placed as a special request item for a Target.com Prepaid order, the shopper should mark that item as Not Found and the warranty information will be sent as an email to the customer.
Are customers able to rate and tip on Target.com Prepaid orders?
Yes. Customers will be able to rate and tip you via Target.com after you have delivered their order.
Need assistance completing a Target.com Prepaid order?
For help troubleshooting a Target.com Prepaid order, please reference this article.