How do I make a substitution?
A substitution is an item you get in place of another item that was originally requested on an order, and the substitution process will depend on the member's substitution preference. For example, members with a Contact Member preference should be contacted prior to making a substitution and members with a Choose Sub preference prefer for you to make a selection for them.
To substitute an item:
- Mark the item as not found
- Tap Choose a Substitute
- On the Choose a substitute screen, you will be able to search for an item or sub with a custom item
- To search for an item by its details, type within the search field
- To search for an item by scanning its barcode, tap the barcode icon in the search field
- To sub with a custom item, tap the add item icon located in the top right of the screen.
- Enter the requested item information, and then tap Add to Cart
Other helpful articles for making quality substitutions:
- What is a substitution general preference?
- Item Preferences and Backups
- Selecting Substitution Items