If you encounter any issues while trying to set up the Shopper app for the first time, below are some troubleshooting steps you can take.
- Be sure your phone’s operating system is up to date.
- Clear your phone’s cache and check the memory space. To work optimally, the Shopper app needs a fair bit of space available.
- Check your data connection. Toggle between mobile data and WiFi if you aren’t getting a good signal.
- Delete and reinstall the app, or force close the app and re-open it.
- If you didn’t receive the reset password email, you can click here to have another reset password link sent. Be sure to use the email address associated with your Shopper account.
- If you experience any errors while adding your card to the app, follow the general troubleshooting steps above and then try adding it again.
- When manually entering the card name, be sure to include a space between Shipt and the 6 numbers if your card has Shipt in the name section. For example, Shipt 123456.
- If the card name is a long string of numbers, be sure to input those numbers exactly as they appear on the card.
Social Security Number:
- When entering your SSN, do not use dashes or spaces between the 9 digits.
- If you receive a failed validation error, the name you applied with and SSN may not match IRS records. If your name needs to be updated, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. You'll be able to finish SSN validation once those changes are made.
Shopper Profile Picture:
- If your photo displays sideways, consider changing the size of the photo or adjusting the orientation vertically or horizontally. You can also try logging into the Shopper app on a newer device to see if your photo will upload from it instead.
If you are still unable to finish setting up the Shopper app after trying the above troubleshooting steps, please reach out to Shopper Support via live chat in the app or by phone at 205-502-2500 —They are available to help 24/7!