Preferred Members / Preferred Shopper Requests
Connect with your biggest fans.
When a member provides a 5-star rating for you after their order is delivered, they’ll be able to add you as a preferred shopper, and you’ll be notified to accept or decline their request. If you accept their request, you will be added as a preferred shopper on their account, and they will be added as a preferred member on your account. Preferred shoppers are prioritized for order offers for preferred members.
It’s not guaranteed you’ll shop for your preferred members every time, but being more likely to receive offers for familiar members makes it easier to build rapport with them and efficiently deliver everything they need – all of which can increase your chances of receiving high ratings and tips.
Reviewing current preferred members and requests
If a member has requested you as a preferred shopper, you’ll see a notification display in the app. You can either follow the notification at that time or access your request later from your account.
- Access your account from the main menu and tap Preferred Members from the Account screen.
- Requests will display at the top of the Preferred Members screen in the order they were requested.
- Tap Accept or Decline for each request.
- Members will not be notified when you accept or decline their request.
- Members who you have already accepted a request from will display beneath current open requests in the order they were accepted.
- You can review your order history with any preferred member by tapping their name.*
*Note: Preferred member order history will display the past 10 Shop and Deliver orders you have completed for that member.
- If you ever wish to remove a preferred member from your list, swipe left across the member’s name on the Preferred Members screen and tap the remove member icon that displays.
Receiving offers for preferred members' orders
When a member places an order, their preferred shoppers will be prioritized for order offering, even if they are not currently on the schedule. Keep in mind, since your preferred members may have more than one preferred shopper, it's not guaranteed you'll shop for them each time they place an order.
If a member has multiple preferred shoppers, Shipt will look at existing member matches based on previous ratings and then Shopper Stats to determine which preferred shopper will receive a preferred member order notification first. Every 60 seconds, the order notification will be sent to each preferred shopper. Then, if the order remains unclaimed, it will begin to be offered to non-preferred shoppers who are on the schedule.
To improve your chances of getting notifications about your preferred members’ orders, a best practice is to aim to keep your Shopper Stats high. To learn more about how orders are offered, click here.
*Note: If you have claimed two orders with the same designated delivery window, you will not receive additional offers, including preferred member orders, for that specific delivery window.
Identifying preferred members when reviewing orders
- The notification will state a preferred member placed an order, and it is available to claim.
- Order offer cards will show the preferred member’s name with a heart icon next to it, so you can easily identify an order for a preferred member.
- The heart icon will also display next to the member's name on the Order Details screen.
Why did I receive a notification about a preferred member placing an order when I wasn't on the schedule?
When a member places an order, their preferred shoppers will be prioritized for order offering and notified about the member's order, even when they are not on the schedule. This notification is to provide preferred shoppers with an opportunity to know when a preferred member has an order to available claim.
Why didn't I get an order offer for a preferred member when they placed an order?
- Since your preferred members may have more than one preferred shopper, it's not guaranteed you'll shop for them each time they place an order. A preferred member's order will be individually offered to each of their preferred shoppers prior to being offered to other shoppers. To improve your chances of getting notifications about your preferred members’ orders, a best practice is to aim to keep your Shopper Stats high.
I was notified that a preferred member placed an order, but it did not display when I tapped to claim it. Where is the offer and why didn't I get to claim it?
If you attempted to claim a preferred member's order but did not see the offer in the app after you tapped on the notification, it means another shopper already claimed the order.
Do preferred member connections affect current member-shopper matches that exist today?
At Shipt, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent service with a human touch. Shoppers play an important role in that. Preferred connections will have a higher priority in order offering, however, any member-shopper matches as they exist today will not be impacted.
Will I always be prioritized for shops where I’m the preferred shopper?
Preferred connections are prioritized but keep in mind a member can have multiple preferred shoppers on their list. To improve your chances of getting notifications about your preferred members’ orders, a best practice is to aim to keep your Shopper Stats high.
If I decline a request from a member, does it keep me from getting future orders from that member?
If you decline a preferred shopper request from a member, you will not be prioritized for that member’s order. However, it is possible that you may still receive an offer for the order.
Will the member know if I have accepted or declined their preferred shopper request?
- No, the member will not be notified when you accept or decline their request. You will display in the member's preferred shopper list whether you accept or decline their request unless they decide to remove you from their list. If you accept a member's preferred request, you will be prioritized for receiving order offers for them. If you decline a member's request, you will not be prioritized for that member's order but will still be able to receive order offers from them.
Can I remove a preferred member from my account after accepting their request?
Yes, you have the ability to remove a preferred member from your account at any point after accepting their preferred shopper request. You can do this by swiping left on their name on the Preferred Members screen. After they have been removed as one of your preferred members, you will automatically be removed as a preferred shopper for them.
Can a member remove me as a preferred shopper?
- Yes, members have the ability to remove preferred shoppers from their account. A shopper can also be removed as a preferred shopper for a member if the member submits a rating of 1 or 2 for that shopper.
Can I ask a member to select me as a preferred shopper?
- Members will automatically be asked if they would like to select you as a preferred shopper if they give you a five-star rating. Therefore, a best practice is to not ask members to select you as a preferred shopper after completing their order.
Will I be notified about a preferred member's order if it is part of a bundle?
- Preferred shoppers will be notified about individual preferred members' orders, but they will not receive notifications for preferred members’ orders that are part of a bundle. However, it is possible that a shopper may still receive an offer for a bundle containing a preferred member’s order if they are on the schedule.
Do quiet hours apply to preferred shopper requests and off-schedule notifications?
- Like other order offers, shoppers will not receive preferred member order notifications during quiet hours. However, shoppers can still receive notifications for preferred shopper requests during quiet hours.