Shopping at Sur La Table
Below is some helpful information for shoppers to know about shopping at Sur La Table.
Do shoppers need to ask for tax exemption?
Yes. Shoppers should let the cashier know they have a tax-exempt order and the cashier will complete the tax exemption form.
How should shoppers handle substitutions from Sur La Table?
Like other Shop & Deliver orders, the member's substitution preference will determine whether a substitution should be made if an item is unavailable in the store and if communication in regards to a substitution has been requested.
Keep in mind, selecting quality substitutions for general merchandise items can be complex. Below are some suggestions to consider when needing to substitute an item at Sur La Table.
- Ask a store associate! In specialty stores, store associates are a great source of knowledge about the offerings in their store. Let them know the item that the member requested is out of stock and see if they have a good substitution to offer.
- Consider things like color, material, size, and features like dishwasher safe when offering a substitution. For example, if the member requested a silicone baking mat, a suitable substitution would be a silicone mat from another brand instead of suggesting a stainless steel baking sheet.
- Sending pictures of potential substitutions is also a great way to show the member what might be available. Try to avoid pictures of price tags since prices may differ in the Shipt app.
Click here to review more about substitution preferences.
What should shoppers do if an item is in a locked case?
If a shopper locates a requested item within a locked case in the store, they may ask a store associate for assistance in retrieving the item.
A best practice is for shoppers to review the details that are visible on the item’s packaging prior to asking for assistance in retrieving the item from the locked case. However, if a shopper realizes an item is not what the member requested after retrieving it, they may hand the item back to the store associate to place back in the case.
What items are prohibited?
Shoppers cannot deliver alcohol or gift cards from Sur La Table. Click here to view the full list of prohibited items for all Shipt orders.
If any of these items are on an order, shoppers can kindly let the member know that those items are not eligible for delivery with Shipt. If the member requests more information, shoppers may politely recommend that they reach out to Shipt Support for further details.
What should shoppers do if a member requests gift wrapping for an item?
If a member would like items to be gift wrapped, shoppers may add it to the order as a custom item and adjust the quantity to match the number of items the member requested to have gift wrapped.
Shoppers should enter the custom item price as $5 in the app. However, if a member asks how much they will be charged for gift wrapping items, shoppers may inform them they will be charged $5.85 total per gift wrapped item.
Can items be returned?
Yes, all items can be returned to the store where they were originally purchased. If the store associate is having issues returning the item, shoppers can direct them to the 'Return Policy SOP' on the SLT intranet.
Note: Sur La Table has the right to accept or refuse returns for any items.
To complete a return for a Sur La Table order:
- Present the original receipt and your Shipt card at Customer Support.
- Write the order number on the receipt and take a picture of it after the store attendant has completed the return
- Email the picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
What should shoppers do if a member has an issue with their order from Sur La Table?
Politely apologize to the member and suggest that they contact Shipt Support via live chat, email@example.com, or (205) 502-2500 to get assistance with the issue — the support team will be happy to help!
Click on each thumbnail to learn about common variations in kitchen and dining essentials.