Delivering Rx Orders from Meijer
Below is some helpful information for shoppers to know about Meijer Prescription Delivery (Rx) orders.
When should shoppers arrive?
Shoppers should arrive at the store 15 minutes before the delivery window begins—this will ensure shoppers have time to get to the customer’s delivery address on time. To determine the amount of time required for pickup and delivery, shoppers should check the drive time to and from the store.
What is the process for picking up a Meijer Prescription Delivery (Rx) order?
- When you have arrived at the store location, tap Arrived at store on the Order Details screen prior to going inside to pick up the order.
*Note: Please arrive at the store 15 minutes before the delivery window begins.
- Head to the Drop-Off counter, identify yourself as a Shipt Shopper, and inform the pharmacy technician that you are picking up an Rx order to deliver to a customer.
*Note: This step will differ for Spectrum Hospital pickup. See section below for details.
- Provide the customer's full name and their address — you will not need to provide their DOB.
- No payment is needed for Rx orders, and you should not use your Shipt card to pay for these orders or any remaining balances on the customer's account. If the pharmacy technician requests payment at the time of pickup, you can politely inform them the order should have already been paid for by the customer and ask if they can review the order's label for the "paid" status.
- The pharmacy technician will place all items in a sealed bag for you to deliver to the customer — sealed prescription bags should not be opened or tampered with under any circumstances.
- Consider double-checking the address on the sealed bag to the address on the order. If it doesn't match, alert the pharmacy technician and provide the address on the order again to ensure the correct prescription is handed to you for delivery.
- Tap Mark as Picked Up on the Order Details screen prior to leaving the store to deliver.
Spectrum Hospital Location Only
When you look up the Pickup address for a Meijer Rx order, you may notice that the address is for a hospital — this specific location has a slightly different policy for retrieving Meijer Rx orders.
When you arrive at the Spectrum Hospital location, park in the Meijer specific parking spots in front of the hospital. If there are no Meijer spots available, you may use any other spot. Once parked, tap Arrived at store on the Order Details screen. Next, call the Meijer pharmacy team at (616) 249-6210, choose Option 0, and identify your vehicle by make, model, and color. The pharmacy team will bring the Rx order to your car.
What do shoppers do if the customer isn't home?
Rx orders cannot be left unattended at the delivery address unless a door drop-off has been confirmed. If the customer is not home upon delivery, you can try reaching them by texting or calling. If you are unable to contact the customer within 15 minutes, contact Shipt Support to let them know the customer is unresponsive and receive further instructions.
What should shoppers do if a customer has a problem with their order?
If faced with questions about their order, politely direct the customer to contact the pharmacy. If further assistance is required, you may live chat or call Shipt Support at 205-502-2500.