Delivering from Bed Bath & Beyond
Below is some helpful information for shoppers to know about delivering from Bed Bath & Beyond.
How do Delivery Only orders from Bed Bath & Beyond work?
Delivery Only orders from Bed Bath & Beyond are time-flexible, which means shoppers can pick up and deliver the order anytime between its "ready for pickup" and "deliver by" times. The "Early OK" label will also display on the order card to help shoppers identify it is okay to deliver early.
- Time-flexible orders will be offered to shoppers who are on the schedule for that day regardless of scheduled delivery windows, and shoppers can decide how best to fit them into their schedule.
- For optimal order success, it is recommended for shoppers to plan on picking up a time-flexible Delivery Only order when they will be able to deliver it right after leaving the store to avoid order misplacement or damage.
- Since these orders can be delivered at any time, shoppers should send an On the Way text message to notify the customer their order will be delivered shortly.
To learn more about time-flexible Delivery Only orders, click here.
How do shoppers pick up orders from Bed Bath & Beyond?
Shoppers should park at the store and then tap Arrived at store in the app.
Shoppers will enter the store and head to the customer service desk. Shoppers will let the store associate at the service desk know they are picking up a Shipt order for delivery and provide the in-app order number. The store associate will get the order from behind the service desk or from the back of the store. The store associate will scan the order out and then hand it to the shopper for delivery.
Once shoppers have received the order from the store associate, they should tap Mark as picked up in the app prior to leaving the store.
What should shoppers do with the receipt?
Receipts for Delivery Only orders should be passed on to the customer since they are ordering directly from the retailer and not through Shipt. Shoppers may place the receipt in one of the bags if it is handed to them at pickup.
What do shoppers do if the customer isn't home?
Orders delivered from Bed Bath & Beyond will have the green “Drop-Off” label indicating that they can be dropped off outside the door of the delivery location instead of handing off face-to-face.
Some best practices to consider for Drop-orders are:
- Check the Order Notes section on the Order Details screen to see if a specific drop-off location was requested or delivery instructions were provided.
- Continue to communicate with customers as you normally would for each order prior to delivery — for example, sending the on the way text to prepare them for delivery.
- After placing the bags at the drop-off location, you may send the customer a message informing them their order has been successfully dropped off. A best practice is to send a photo of the order at their door for proof of delivery.
- You can also choose to knock on the door to notify the customer that their order has been delivered prior to walking away and sending a drop-off delivery confirmation message.
What should shoppers do if a customer has a problem with their order?
Shipt Shoppers are responsible for maintaining item integrity during transportation for Bed Bath & Beyond.
Shoppers may politely direct the customer to contact Bed Bath & Beyond if faced with questions about the following:
- Item selection
- Add on items
- Wrong or missing items
- Order bagging