How can I increase my chances of receiving positive member feedback?
There are several factors that contribute to a member’s experience. While some are out of your control, such as item availability, others are related to the interaction the member has with their Shipt Shopper.
Two of the most important things you can do to provide a positive member experience are being friendly and communicative—This will also lead to good ratings and higher tips!
Positive Feedback Opportunities
After you mark an order as delivered, the member will have the opportunity to rate and provide feedback on their experience. The four areas of positive feedback that you can receive include:
1. Exceptional Shopper
- Going above and beyond for Shipt members is what sets Shipt apart. Members notice when you go the extra mile on their order — This could mean sending a picture when providing a substitute option, making sure the member has everything they need before checking out, and sending a photo of their drop-off order outside their door.
2. Good Communication
- Good communication can be initiated by sending an introductory text before starting to shop for an order, which allows you to introduce yourself and enables the member to contact you about their order if needed.
- If the member has selected “Contact Member” as their substitution preference and a requested item isn’t available, providing substitution options rather than just telling the member the item is out of stock is a great way to ensure positive feedback for communication.
- Check the member notes to see if they have a landline. Some members may not be able to receive texts, so you may give them a call when you start shopping to give them a heads up and open the line of communication for them.
- Learn more
3. Attention to Detail
- Paying attention to details when shopping for items and ensuring members get correct, undamaged items is key to receiving a five-star rating. Members will often notice a shopper's attention to detail while communicating about their order as well as once they have received their items.
4. Good Substitutions
- When members do not select item backups, shoppers have the opportunity to find quality substitution items for members. A best practice is to select items that are the most similar to the originally requested item and consider sending a photo when providing substitution options.
- Learn more.
If you decide to follow these tips, it may help increase your chances of receiving them! Click here to learn more about how Shipt recognizes shoppers that Bring the Magic!
If you ever need assistance better communicating with a member about a situation while shopping for or delivering an order, contact support. The Shopper Support team is available 24/7 and will be happy to help you.
To quickly access support, reference the Help tab in the Shopper app's main menu. From there, you'll be able to live chat, call, or email Shopper Support.
Want to learn more about member ratings? Click here.